The Basic Fire Damage Restoration Process
Fire Damage Restoration involves more than a new coat of paint.
After a fire occurs, you may want to sweep, paint, and move on with your life. In reality, recovering from fire and smoke damage properly is a much more involved process. SERVPRO of North Central Mesa technicians have been trained by the IICRC and have the most cutting edge tools to clean, repair, and restore your property after a fire. We will come in as soon as the dust settles and do a thorough inspection of the damage, giving you our professional assessment of what your property needs, from ozone deodorization to structural reconstruction. This may include any and/or all of the following processes.
- Clean all traces of soot or smoke on your floor, walls and surfaces. Most of which are not generally visible to the naked eye.
- Remove the unpleasant smoke odors lingering from smoke and fire damage
- Use cutting edge technology and equipment to repair all surfaces and protect your residential or commercial from further damage by remnants of smoke, soot and ash
- Orchestrate any necessary pack outs, content claim inventory and content restoration.We will work directly with your insurance company when possible on your behalf. There are some issues you will have to deal with directly with your insurance. But we can assist you in those issues through consultation.
- Repair your property back to pre-existing loss condition, including repainting or reconstructing any damaged areas.
Choosing the Right Fire Damage Repair Company
Fire damage restoration has three integral elements:
- clearing out the damaged and ruined materials
- Assessing the smoke and soot damage, and putting in place replacement
- Reinforcing repairs.
With over a decade of industry experience, the experts at SERVPRO of North Central Mesa have the ability to perform even the most complex fire restoration project. For this reason, homeowners and businesses in the Mesa Arizona area have put their trust in our skill and expertise.
Leaving a fire-damaged property for even an hour puts your property at risk for increased damage. You should get someone out to start working on the property as quickly as possible. Obviously, we would suggest that you call us. We may be a little biased though… But seriously, if you don’t call us for some reason, call someone you feel comfortable with quickly to reduce the amount of damage done to your residential or commercial property. The effects of a fire weaken the building’s structural materials, and can lead to an eventual structural collapse.
Additionally, the soot and smoke that infiltrates the walls and floors can pose a significant health risk. After a fire occurs, the resulting smoke and soot remains suspended in the air in the form of particles that are generally invisible to the naked eye. This presents an odor issue and a respiratory hazard. These soot particles, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs) even have the potential to cause cancer with prolonged inhalation or exposure. Because of this, we deploy specialized, top-of-the-line equipment to mitigate and remove these hazards so your property is fit for living or working in again.