How to Avoid Water Damage Issues While on Vacation
How to Avoid Vacation Water Damage Disasters while you're Away
So, the 2020 Holiday season is coming. With the crazy year we have had, assuming there isn’t a huge surge in COVID-19 cases, you might find yourself traveling to see family, or just to get away from civilization for a while. Either way, if you will be leaving your home or business for a while, there are a few things you will want to think about before leaving to avoid a possible water damage issue while you are gone. If a pipe leaks or bursts while you are away, water can destroy carpets, furniture, and even compromise the structural integrity of your home or building.
5 Water Damage Prevention Tips
- So here are some tips to help. You put your mind at ease, while you are away.
- Check the pipes under all the sinks, as well as your water heater for cracks and rust. Inspect the hoses that connect to your washing machine dishwashers and refrigerator ice-maker.
- Replace any old or damaged hoses.
- Clear all debris out of your rain gutters and check for downspouts for any blockage.
- If you have a sump pump check that it's in good condition. Also, ask someone to check your house periodically, while you are gone. Show them where the main water shutoff is located in case a pipe leaks or bursts. We strongly suggest turning off valves to washers, sinks, and toilets.
We hope you have a safe holiday and that you return to your home exactly as you left it. Using the Free Ready App developed by SERVPRO to help prepare for an emergency is a great way to prepare ahead of time. You can check out a video we made about the app and how you can use it in your home emergency preparation plan here: SERVPRO Ready App for Emergency Preparedness
SERVPRO of North Central Mesa is here to help 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Call us at (480) 553-7103 for any questions you have or if you have a water damage issue you need help with. We work will all insurance companies and direct pay customers. If you are on a mobile device you can also send us a message through our Google My Business listing at the following link: g.page/SERVPROofnorthcentralmesa