Are you prepared in case of a home fire?
In case of a fire, are you ready?
Everyone needs to be prepared, no matter how old or young you are. Being prepared can save your life.
In October of 2018, the American Red Cross hosted a Fire alarm install walk. We walked with friends and family to install Fire alarms for the community.
At the start of a fire, the American Red Cross suggests the following steps of action:
- Remember to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell "Fire!" several times and go outside right away. If you live in a building with elevators, use the stairs. Leave all your things where they are and save yourself.
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out. Never open doors that are warm to the touch.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit — close doors behind you.
- If smoke, heat, or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with doors closed. Place a wet towel under the door and call the fire department or 9-1-1. Open a window and wave a brightly colored cloth or flashlight to signal for help.
- Once you are outside, go to your meeting place and then send one person to call the fire department. If you cannot get to your meeting place, follow your family emergency communication plan.
Luckily you have local SERVPRO franchises in your area. We come to you to help whenever you find yourself in a disaster. Things can go MUCH smoother if you are prepared and act fast when a disaster strikes.
After calling emergency response (911 & the Fire Department) have been called. Call us as soon as possible 24 hours a day/7days a week at (480) 553-7103, and we will have someone on the scene within 4 hours. With a quick reaction time, it will give the 1st responders a chance to do their job and still allows for a quick assessment of the situation to best help with your specific situation.
Preparing ahead of time is always the best bet. Using the Emergency Ready Plan App developed by SERVPRO in partnership with the American Red Cross is a great way to be prepared. It is a free app available on all mobile devices. If you have any questions about setting it up, please feel free to give us a call at (480) 553-7103.
Up until 2018, SERVPRO was a Partner with the Red Cross. SERVPRO of North Central Mesa is still working with the local American Red Cross and have active volunteers on staff who volunteer over 250 hours a month. Have you ever thought of being a Volunteer for any organization? How about helping a global non-profit organization? Check out your local American Red Cross to see how you can help!
The Red Cross has locations all over the world, but they are not in every single city. They are 100's of cities in every state, and every country has a lot of rules. So, you could imagine how much help they could use from around the world. Anything and everything could be helpful at this point for the American Red Cross. From blood, money, even just some of your time on the weekends.
There are all different kinds of disasters, depending on where you live, you’ll an increased chance of having more accidents. Just like the state like Arizona, where we don’t have an ocean boarding our state, there are still chances of the flood, and other natural disasters. In tropical areas, like how Arizona is, it’s essential to be ready for anything. Having water on hand is KEY to staying hydrated and staying alive in disaster scenarios.
If you would like to donate any bottled water, you can contact us at (480) 553-7103, and we’ll take care of it for you, your friends, and family.